Coca-Cola Office for the Blind Scholarship
Coca-Cola was awarded the state soft drink contract in November of 2010. The Kentucky Office for the Blind receives scholarship funds from Coca-Cola to use toward college training for eligible consumers. The Office for the Blind is excited to offer a scholarship program for our current consumers. Scholarship awards may range from $1,000 to $4,000 for fall semester 2016. The scholarship can be used for tuition, fees, room/board, and/or books (if applicable).
All current consumers of Office for the Blind have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
1. Proof of legal blindness. Click here for Definition and Form - Confirmation of Legal Blindness. If including a vision report with confirmation form, the report should not be older than 2 years.
2. An official school transcript with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
3. Acceptance letter from accredited college (includes vocational/technical programs).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (i.e. teacher, employer, non-family member).
5. Photocopy of state issue identification (must be resident of Kentucky).
6. A completed essay (500 words) is required. Please choose one (1) of the following topics below for your essay. If you have applied in the past for the scholarship, you must select a different essay topic to complete.
a) What advice would you give middle school students about achieving success in high school?
b) What one class, teacher, book or experience has changed the way you think? How can you pass it along to another person?
c) If you were mayor of your hometown, what changes would you make? Why?
d) Imagine yourself 10 years from today. What goals and ambitions do you have for yourself, personally and professionally.
7. Click here to print all application information. This also includes a list of all documentation required for submission.
Completed materials must be received no later than June 30, 2016. Application and all other documentation must be submitted in HARD COPY and mailed in one package/envelope to:
Charles W. McDowell Rehabilitation Center
Attn: Scholarship Fund
8412 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
If you have questions or if you need the application materials in Braille, please contact Pam Minton toll free at 800-346-2115 or you can email her at: Pamela.Minton@ky.gov.